Coconut oil is extracted from fresh hand chosen coconuts milk, 100% natural, Cold Pressed and unrefined.
Coconut oil, is obtained by the process of cold pressing, of naturally harvested nutrient rich coconut copra. The coconut copra is cold pressed in a rotary machine (famously known as "Chekku" in Tamil) and is filtered using cotton fabrics without adding any chemicals. Coconut oil is one of the best suited oils for cooking.
Cold pressing refers to oils obtained through pressing fruit or seeds with a modern steel press. Although pressing produces heat through friction, the oilseeds are not precooked and consequently, the oil
is considered cold-pressed - in contrast to large scale solvent extraction and refining operations which strip the oil of natural antioxidants, vitamins and flavour. The solvent extraction method is used to produce the most common cooking oils found in supermarkets.
Cold-pressed oils to retain all their flavour, aroma, and nutritional value, making these oils
great for cooking and skincare requirements. They contain zero grams of trans fatty acids and are naturally cholesterol-free.
It is important to note that both solvents extracted and cold-pressed oils can be used in cosmetics and skincare, but only cold-pressed will deliver goodness to the skin.
Cold Pressed Oils will provide a vital contribution to your healthier life:
- They are cholesterol-free
- They are not refined, deodorized or processed in any way
- They do not contain harmful solvent residues
- Nativefoodstore Cold Pressed Oils contain no added chemicals or preservatives
- They contain natural antioxidants such as tocopherols (e.g. Vitamin E) and phosphatides (e.g. Lecithin)
- The natural flavour and odour is retained, enhancing your favourite recipes