We have put together a list of 5 South Indian egg recipes that you can try at home.
5 South Indian Egg Recipes Part 2: Egg Kalakki
India is a country known for its spectacular regional cuisines that are versatile and extensive to the core.
You can see the instant shift of vibrant colors and flavors as we move from one region to another, with different cooking styles, techniques and ingredients.
While North Indian food is an amalgamation of bold spices, South Indian cuisine has a spicy twist with a touch of aromatic seeds, coconut oil and much more. Speaking of South Indian cuisine, it is diversified, with exquisite dishes from Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
From Chettinad recipes to Bagara recipes, South India is known for both non-veg and vegetarian dishes. But did you know it also has a wide variety of egg dishes?
We have put together a list of 5 South Indian egg recipes that you can try at home. In this blog we discuss the second recipe:
Ever tried this Tamil version of omelette? This recipe is very similar to the regular omelette. But what makes it different from the ordinary is the use of Korma Curry in its preparation. It is a famous street food from South India. Whether it's chicken korma, mutton korma, or just korma gravy, you can use whatever you want to prepare this dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Number of persons: 1
Dish type: lunch
Tawa or frying pan
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Korma Gravy
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Break the eggs into the bowl, add salt and korma gravy and mix well.
- Heat oil in a tawa and pour the egg mixture on it.
- Simmer for 6-7 seconds until the outer portion of the omelet is cooked through and the inner portion is slightly uncooked and mushy.
- Place the omelette on a plate, garnish with black pepper and coriander leaves.
- Serve it with your favorite main course or enjoy as is.