100% natural without additives
100% plant based
Contains dietary fiber
Suitable for vegetarian food
Chickpea flour, also known as gram flour or besan, is a versatile and nutritious ingredient made from ground chickpeas. It is naturally gluten-free and rich in protein, fiber and minerals.
Gram flour is commonly used in Indian, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines. It is an essential part of dishes such as pakoras, pancakes and besan curries. With its mild taste and fine texture, it can also be used as a binder in baking recipes or as a coating for fried dishes.
Chickpea flour is a healthy choice for those looking for a protein-rich alternative to wheat flour.
Nutritional value per 100 g
Energy value/Calories: 1595.2 kJ/ 381 kcal
Fat: 6.7 g
Of which saturated: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 57.8 g
Of which sugars: 10 g
Fiber: 10.8 g
Protein: 22.4 g
Salt: 0.15 g
Sodium: 59 mg
This product is packaged and/or stored in a company that also processes products containing nuts, peanuts, mustard, celery, sesame, shellfish, soy, sulphites, fish and molluscs. Despite all precautions, it is possible that this product contains traces of these allergens.
Store in a cool, dark and dry place. After opening, transfer contents to an airtight container.
Here are some popular chickpea flour uses:
- Batter and Dough: Chickpea flour is often used to make batter for fritters, pakoras and bhajis. It gives a crunchy texture and a nutty flavor to fried foods. It can also be used to make dough for Indian flatbreads such as roti and paratha.
- Gluten-free baking: Due to the lack of gluten, chickpea flour is an excellent choice for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease. It can be used as an alternative to wheat flour when baking bread, muffins, pancakes and other baked goods.
- Thickener: Chickpea flour can be used as a thickener in soups, stews and sauces. It adds thickness and texture to dishes without drastically changing the taste.
- Vegan and vegetarian cooking: Chickpea flour is a versatile ingredient in vegan and vegetarian cuisines. It can be used as an egg substitute in recipes such as veggie burgers and vegan omelets. It also helps to bind mixes and form dishes.
- Healthy snacks: Chickpea flour can be used to make healthy snacks such as chickpea cookies, protein bars or energy bars. It is rich in protein, fiber and nutrients, making it a nutritious ingredient for homemade snacks.
- Traditional Dishes: Chickpea flour is an essential ingredient in many traditional dishes around the world, such as Indian pakoras, Middle Eastern falafel, and Mediterranean socca.
Chickpea flour is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a wide variety of recipes. It adds flavour, texture and nutritional value to dishes and offers a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour.