White Corn Flour
100% natural without additives
100% plant based
Contains dietary fiber
Suitable for vegetarian food
White corn flour is a versatile product made from finely ground white corn kernels. It is widely used in various culinary applications, such as baking, breading and thickening sauces.
With its mild flavor and smooth texture, white corn flour adds a subtle sweetness and improves the overall flavor and consistency of dishes. It is an excellent choice for those following a wheat-free diet and can be used as a substitute for wheat flour in many recipes.
White corn flour is an indispensable ingredient in the kitchen that adds a delicious touch to a wide variety of dishes, from tortillas and breads to cakes and desserts.
Nutritional value per 100 g
Energy value/Calories: 1540 kJ/ 367.82 kcal
Fat: 2.26 g
Of which saturated: 0.99 g
Carbohydrates: 80.48 g
Of which sugars: 0.64 g
Fiber: 7.68 g
Protein: 6.39 g
Salt: 0 g
Sodium: 4 mg
This product is packaged and/or stored in a company that also processes products containing nuts, peanuts, mustard, celery, sesame, shellfish, soy, sulphites, fish and molluscs. Despite all precautions, it is possible that this product contains traces of these allergens.
Store in a cool, dark and dry place. After opening, transfer contents to an airtight container.
White corn flour has several uses in the kitchen. Here are some common ways white corn flour is used:
- Tortillas: White corn flourl is often used to make homemade tortillas. Mix the flour with water and possibly some salt to form a dough. Roll out the dough and fry the tortillas in a hot frying pan.
- Cornbread: White corn flour is a major ingredient in cornbread. It gives the bread a characteristic corn-like taste and a light texture. It can be used in recipes for cornbread, corn muffins or cornbread.
- Coating for fried foods: White corn flour can be used as a coating for fried foods. Mix the flour with herbs, spices and any breadcrumbs for extra crunch. Use it to bread fish, chicken, vegetables or other foods before frying them.
- Porridge: The flour can be used to make a thick porridge, similar to polenta. Boil the corn flour in water or milk and season with salt and butter. Serve it as a side dish or as a base for stews.
- Thickener: Corn flour can be used as a thickener in soups, stews and sauces. Mix it with cold water before adding it to the hot liquid to avoid lumps. It will help to thicken the dishes and give them a silky smooth texture.
- Baking: White corn flour can also be used in a variety of baking recipes, such as cookies, pies, and muffins. It adds a light sweet flavor and texture to the baked goods.
It is a versatile ingredient that can be used in both savory and sweet dishes. It adds flavor, texture and nutrition to a wide variety of recipes.