Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
100% natural without additives
100% plant based
Traditionally prepared by hand
Suitable for vegetarian food
Cold-pressed coconut oil from Nilaa is a high-quality vegetable oil that is traditionally prepared by hand, so that all essential nutrients are retained. It is the best quality coconut oil available.
Using coconut oil when cooking improves the absorption of calcium and increases the protection of the stomach and intestines. This 100% pure coconut oil adds extra flavor to your dishes. Coconut oil is extracted from the fresh flesh of hand-picked coconuts.
Cold-pressed coconut oil contains many vitamins, protein and minerals. It promotes digestion. The fatty acids in coconut oil can kill harmful pathogens, including bacteria, viruses and fungi. This may help prevent infections. Great moisturizer for skin and hair.
Cold-pressed oils retain all their flavor, aroma and nutritional value, making these oils ideal for cooking and skin care. They contain zero grams of trans fatty acids and are naturally cholesterol-free. They contain natural antioxidants such as tocopherols (e.g. vitamin E) and phosphatides (e.g. lecithin).
Nilaa's traditional oil extraction process
The best coconuts come directly from the micro farmers in India. These are sun-dried and the 100% natural oil is extracted by a stone mill with a wooden pestle that rotates only 7 times per minute, just like the traditional ox mill. This avoids heating and preserves the nutrition and real flavors.
This oil is left in sunlight for 5 days to allow the sediments to settle. The oil preserves the natural goodness of coconut because it is extracted naturally without the addition of chemical additives or solvents.
Nutritional value per 100 g
Energy value / Calories: 3768.1 kJ/900 kcal
Fat: 100 g
Of which saturated: 97.7 g
Carbohydrates: 0 g
Of which sugars: 0 g
Protein: 1 g
Salt: 0 g
Sodium: 0 mg
250 ml, 500 ml.
This product is packaged and/or stored in a company that also processes products containing wheat, nuts, peanuts, mustard, celery, gluten, sesame, shellfish, soy, sulphites, fish and molluscs. Despite all precautions, it is possible that this product contains traces of these allergens.
Store in a cool and dry place. The oil can solidify at or below 25°C and is then no longer in liquid form. To use the oil in liquid form, it is advisable to heat the oil. The expiry date is stated on the packaging.
Cold-pressed coconut oil is a versatile ingredient that can be used in cooking as well as for personal care due to its many benefits. Here are some uses of cold-pressed coconut oil:
In the kitchen:
- High-temperature cooking: Cold-pressed coconut oil has a high smoke point, which means it is suitable for high-temperature cooking such as stir-frying, baking and deep-frying.
- Baking: Use coconut oil as an alternative to butter or vegetable oil in baking recipes such as cakes, muffins and cookies. It adds a light coconut flavor to baked goods.
- Popcorn: Heat a little coconut oil in a pan and add popcorn kernels for a delicious and slightly sweet taste.
- Smoothies: Add a tablespoon of cold-pressed coconut oil to your smoothies for extra creaminess and a hint of coconut flavor.
- Salad dressing: Mix coconut oil with other ingredients such as lemon juice, vinegar and herbs to make a flavorful salad dressing.
- Coffee or tea: Some people add a teaspoon of coconut oil to their coffee or tea as a source of healthy fats.
- Cereal: Pour melted coconut oil over cereal or oatmeal for extra flavor and nutrition.
- Roasting Vegetables: Use coconut oil to roast vegetables like sweet potatoes, broccoli or carrots for a delicious flavor.
For personal care:
- Skin Care: Cold-pressed coconut oil can be used as a natural moisturizer for the skin. It helps keep the skin hydrated and can help with skin problems such as dryness, itching and flaking.
- Hair Care: Apply coconut oil to dry or damaged hair as a hair mask before washing. It can help reduce frizz and improve overall hair health.
- Remove makeup: Coconut oil is an effective and natural makeup remover. Massage a small amount onto your face and gently wipe it off with a cotton pad.
- Lip Balm: Coconut oil can be used as a natural lip balm to soften and moisturize dry or cracked lips.
- Massage oil: Heat coconut oil and use it as a massage oil for relaxing massages.
- Shaving oil: Use coconut oil as a shaving oil to smooth and moisturize the skin while shaving.
- Toothpaste: Some people make homemade toothpaste with coconut oil and baking soda for natural oral care.
Cold-pressed coconut oil is rich in healthy fats and has many uses in both cooking and personal care. It is important to choose a high-quality, unrefined cold-pressed coconut oil for maximum nutritional value and flavor.