Jaggery Powder - Country Sugar
100% natural without additives
100% plant based
Suitable for vegetarian food
From sweetening hot drinks, baking delicious treats and enriching savory dishes to making refreshing dressings, Manji Jaggery Country Sugar is a versatile sweetener that enriches a wide range of recipes.
Jaggery has some health advantages over refined sugar: it is absorbed into the blood less quickly and therefore has a less drastic effect on blood sugar levels. Jaggery also contains useful nutrients such as minerals (magnesium and potassium) and vitamins.
Nutritional value per 100 g
Energy value / Calories: 1628.7 kJ/389 kcal
Fat: 7 g
Of which saturated: 1.7 g
Carbohydrates: 58 g
Of which sugars: 0 g
Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 19 g
Salt: 0.15 g
Sodium: 58 mg
This product is gluten-free.
This product is packaged and/or stored in a company that also processes products containing nuts, peanuts, mustard, celery, sesame, shellfish, soy, sulfites, fish and molluscs. Despite all precautions, it is possible that this product contains traces of these allergens.
Store in a cool, dark and dry place. Once opened, transfer contents to an airtight container.
Here are some uses of jaggery powder:
- Sweetening drinks: Jaggery powder can be used to sweeten hot drinks such as tea, coffee or milk. It adds an earthy, caramel-like flavor to your drinks.
- Sweets and desserts: Jaggery is a key ingredient in many traditional Indian sweets and desserts, such as laddu, payasam, halwa, and gulab jamun. It gives these treats a distinctive taste and color.
- Chutneys and sauces: Jaggery is often used in chutneys and sauces to create a balance between sweet and savory. It is an important ingredient in tamarind chutney, tomato ketchup and various curry sauces.
- Baking: Jaggery powder can be used as an alternative to regular sugar in baking cookies, cakes and muffins. It adds a unique flavor and color to baked goods.
- Smoothies and Shakes: Add jaggery powder to smoothies, shakes and fruit juices to sweeten them without the need for refined sugar.
- Breakfast Cereals: Sprinkle some jaggery powder over breakfast cereals such as oatmeal, granola or yogurt for a natural sweet taste.
- Marinades: Jaggery can be included in marinades for meat, fish, or vegetables to create a sweet-tart flavor.
- Glaze: Make a glaze by melting jaggery powder and mixing it with butter or oil and use it to glaze baked goods.
- Sweets: Jaggery can be used to make homemade sweets like jaggery toffees or jaggery chocolates.
- Natural sweetener in tea and coffee: Jaggery powder can also be used as a natural sweetener for tea and coffee if you are looking for an alternative to regular sugar.